Not for the faint of heart, Snow Warriors is an outrageous, fun and challenging obstacle course-like event. Sprint from the start and traverse defiant terrain featuring mud, snow, fire and ice.
Sunday 1 p.m. (Little Snow Warriors – Saturday 12 p.m) | Registration $50
Pre-Race Packet Pick up Saturday 2/15 at Fleet Feet Sports | 1320 NW Galveston Bend | 1 pm to 5 pm
I’ve read enough! I know I’m a Warrior.
Register Now for the 2014 Race
OK, so a true Snow Warrior jumps in with both feet and doesn’t bother with the questions. But we realize some of you may still be in training; read on for more deets:
- Scramble through muddy, ice-cold water.
- Navigate over walls, barricades and nets only to then crawl out of mudpits on the other side.
- Monkey bar across burning fire pits
- Brace for additional (shock-free!) surprises and obstacles while racing to the finish line where beer and other refreshments await those who can handle the challenge.
- WinterFest Entry: Heck yeah! Like it says above, your race entry includes entry into the full 3 days of Oregon WinterFest. Print your proof of registration and bring it to the North Entrance of WinterFest by the “White House” (near the National Guard building on Shevlin-Hixon Road) to pick up your pass for the weekend.
This is a challenging, most-ages race; 11 and up are permitted. And if flames, barbed wire, ice, mud, and big walls have you quivering uncontrollably, it may not be the race for you yet – regardless of age. If you’re between the ages of 3-10, compete in the Little Snow Warrior Dash instead (read on…)!
The course is a 2.5K loop that racers will run twice that weaves throughout the Old Mill and Deschutes Brewery property adjacent to Oregon WinterFest. Check out the obstacle map below…over the course of the shock-free 5K, be ready to push your own limits and release your inner warrior! Race starts at 1 p.m. on Sunday, Feb 16 by the Rail Jam.
Warm clothes and running shoes are the only required “gear.” Those who come equipped in costume will be entered in the pre-race costume contest for some fantastic prizes. Get ready to get dirty – so wear clothes that can weather the challenge.
Packet Pick Up:
- Fleet Feet Sports (1320 NW Galveston) | Saturday 2/15 | 1 pm – 5 pm. If you haven’t already picked up your WinterFest entry buttons, you can get those at Fleet Feet on Saturday too!
- Late Packet Pick Up: Come to the North Entrance of Oregon WinterFest by the “White House” (near the National Guard building on Shevlin-Hixon Road) on Sunday morning beginning at 9 am to pick up your bib and goody bag. Race starts at 1 p.m!
Post Race Festivities and Prizes:
Join us post race in the The Growler Guys Bent Lounge! All racers will receive a drink coupon redeemable at the Bent Lounge (junior Snow Warriors will be able to redeem theirs for an equally satiating beverage) at Oregon WinterFest where you can turn your Warrior Stories into Epic Sagas. Prizes will be awarded for:
- Fastest Warrior and Warrior Princess
- Best Dressed Warrior and Warrior Princess
- Best Dressed Warrior Duo
- Obstacle Dominator/ Dominatrix
- Most Fearless Warrior or Warrior Princess
Little Snow Warrior Race:
For aspiring Warriors and Warrior Princesses, join us in the Little Snow Warrior Dash! A shorter and less defiant course comprised of Warrior-in-Training obstacles that will have Little Snow Warriors ready for more.
- Race entry is $5 per Little Warrior and includes entry into WinterFest. Print your proof of registration and bring it to the North Entrance of WinterFest by the “White House” (near the National Guard building on Shevlin-Hixon Road) to pick up your Little Snow Warrior’s pass for the weekend.
- Did your Little Warrior or Warrior Princess already purchase a WinterFest Button or Pass? S/he can race for free (Those under 6 who gain free admission to WinterFest must pay the race entry fee).
- Accompanying adults will need their own WinterFest Pass or Button (buttons for everyone are available at OnPoint Community Credit Union beginning in early December).
- Race starts Saturday at Noon.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure I’m a Warrior
Register Now for the 2014 Race
Snow Warriors is also proudly sponsored by:
A portion of the post-race snacks will be provided by: